The American Association of Railroad Superintendents (AARS) is pleased to announce the availability of annual scholarships for eligible college or university students enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada
Amount of Scholarship Award - $1,000
Scholarship funds, awarded annually, are sent to the Financial Aid Office at each recipient’s institution at the beginning of the Fall and/or Spring Term.
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
Evaluation and Notification
The AARS Scholarship Committee will base its evaluation for awards on the materials submitted. Points will be assigned for the narrative, recommendations, activities and honors and the applicant’s overall abilities.
For academic year 2018-2019, candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision by August 15.
Prepare a narrative, not exceeding 1,350 words, on a separate double spaced typewritten sheet with your name at the top.
In your narrative include the following:
1. A brief description of your present and any future study program;
2. Any research projects or school activities in which you are now or have been involved;
3. Post-graduate plans;
4. Why you feel you are deserving of this scholarship;
5. Your professional goals and aspirations after graduation;
6. A brief discussion of your interest in transportation; and
7. Any other pertinent information you feel important to your application
To apply for the Frank J. Richter scholarship the following materials must be completed and submitted to the President of the AARS:
The application and narrative statement are to be submitted in one envelope. Arrange to have transcript(s) and letters of recommendation sent directly to AARS from the appropriate person.Interested and qualified? Go to Frank j. Richter Scholarship on supt.org to apply