Undergraduate Bursary Scholarship by Standard Bank Group
Published: 01 Jan 1970
The standard Bank Group is now accepting applications from undergraduate and postgraduate students who seeks financial assistance in completing/furthering their education in South Africa.
The Standard Bank bursary fund is designed to promote academic excellence and shape the next generation of African talent and African leaders within South Africa and the continent at large.
The Standard Bank Group bursary fund considers undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Bursary beneficiaries will be required to work for Standard Bank if in the event they receive an offer of employment by the Bank upon graduation.
Standard Bank Group Undergraduate Bursary
Benefits of Standard Bank Group Undergraduate Bursary
The Standard Bank Group Bursary Fund is a full-cost bursary, covering the following study and study-related costs:
- University fees.
- Accommodation – in a university residence or in private accommodation. Private accommodation costs will be subject to certain limits, to be explained to successful candidates upon the provisional bursary allocation.
- Meals – provided by the university or self-catering.
- Books and other study materials.
- A laptop computer.
- A monthly stipend to cover other living costs.
- Transport between home and campus 4 times a year at the cost of a bus ticket.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, data is being provided and additional travel arrangements were made for students to go home.
Requirements for Standard Bank Group Undergraduate Bursary
The Standard Bank Group Bursary Fund Undergraduate Bursary
The undergraduate bursary is specific to students that are on track to successfully complete their 1st year and require funding from their 2nd year of studies onwards. Applicants should be well-rounded with strong academic results in the fields of commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology.
Minimum selection criteria:
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations.
- Applicants must be registered for full-time undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements in the fields of commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology at a registered public university.
- Applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and an interview.
- Financial need is considered in applications.
Application DeadlineSeptember 30, 2020
How to Apply
Postgraduate Bursary scholarship by
You can apply using one of the following options:
- Please note: All 2020 applications are closed. 2021 applications open from 1 April to 30 September 2020
- Mail: Write a letter containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to: Standard Bank Bursary Programme, Studietrust, Private Bag X16, Braamfontein 2017
- Email: Send an email explicitly requesting a Standard Bank bursary application form, and containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to: [email protected]
- SMS: Sms the word STANDARD, your name, surname, postal address and postal code to 31022.
- Website application: Fill in an online application form on: www.studietrust.co.za
Enquiries can be directed to Susan Dube at [email protected]
Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
For more details, visit the standard Bank Group website