University Of Oxford Commonwealth Shared Scholarships For Developing Countries 2024/2025
Published: 25 Nov 2023
The University of Oxford is offering the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme for students from select developing countries
University Of Oxford Commonwealth Master
Benefits of University Of Oxford Commonwealth Master
The scholarship covers course fees in their entirety and provides a grant for living costs for full-time students of at least £14,832, return airfares from your home country plus a warm clothing allowance and study travel and thesis grants. The scholarship is jointly funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and the University. It supports students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
Requirements for University Of Oxford Commonwealth Master
Candidates for University of Oxford Commonwealth Shared Scholarships must:
- Hold a first degree at either first class or upper second class level;
- Be nationals of a Commonwealth developing country, and not at present living or studying in a developed country;
- Have not undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed country;
- Be able to confirm in writing that neither they nor their families are able to pay for them to study in the UK (you will be asked to confirm this if you are nominated for the scholarship by Oxford – you do not need to provide confirmation in advance);
- Be willing to return to their home country as soon as their award comes to an end (the Commission will only consider requests to extend leave to remain in the UK post-award for those wishing to progress from Master’s to PhD study and strict conditions will apply).
Application DeadlineDecember 14, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Common wealth Scholarships on fs29.formsite.com
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Complete the online scholarship application form via the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s website by 4pm (GMT) on Thursday 14th December, 2023.
- Have submitted your application for graduate study by the relevant deadline for your course.
Candidates who have not completed both of the above, will not be considered.
Applicants must apply to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university.
For more details, visit University Of Oxford website