Shell 2021-2022 Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students - UK
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the ten years of this programme, 100 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship.
For the academic year commencing September 2021, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK;
Table of Content
- Imperial College London- MSc Petroleum Engineering, MSc Applied computational Science and Engineering.
- University of Leeds- MSc Exploration Geophysics, MSc Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- University of Aberdeen- MSc Geophysics, MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas, MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering.
Shell Postgraduate Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Shell Postgraduate Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover tuition,
- One economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK
- A contribution towards living expenses only
Requirements for Shell Postgraduate Scholarship
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
- Have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- Must have completed the National Youth Service latest by September in the application year
- Be ordinarily resident in Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- Have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country
- Be aged between 21-28 years by September in the application year
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than the specified deadline
For more details,visit Shell website