Anzisha Prize 2023 Fellowship Program for African Entrepreneurs | Extended Deadline
The Anzisha Prize is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 - 22 years, and hands out over USD $140,000 every year in business support and prize money to very young entrepreneurs from all over the continen.The Anzisha Prize has championed and supported over 200 Very Young Entrepreneurs throughout the African continent.
The Anzisha Prize is a venture building fellowship program that has successfully supported and championed very young entrepreneurs for over 10 years.The fellowship is a three year program that celebrates and rewards business growth.During the course of the three years, the program will track the performance of the business and the entrepreneur. Businesses that show exemplary growth and initiative are rewarded with benefits and services such as short courses, cloud services and cash stipends.
Table of Content
Anzisha Prize Fellowship Program
Aim and Benefits of Anzisha Prize Fellowship Program
- Bi-annual cash stipends to eligible fellows in Year 1 and Year 3 of the fellowship.
- Short term educational opportunities, internships and specialised technical expert consultations for eligible fellows in Year 2 and Year 3.
- Job Creation Prize - awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 who has created the most job opportunities since joining the fellowship.
- Revenue Growth Prize - awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 with the highest business revenue growth since joining the fellowship.
- Storytelling Prize - awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 who has creatively communicated and distributed their entrepreneurship story through written, oral and visual storytelling.
- Integration systems and processes Prize - awarded to the entrepreneur in Year 2 who has effectively used systems and processes to advance their business model.
Requirements for Anzisha Prize Fellowship Program
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before September 1, 2000 or after August 31, 2007, will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/beneficiaries.
- The Anzisha Prize isn’t awarded for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! Get started now and ensure you have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together).
Interview date, Process and Venue for Anzisha Prize Fellowship Program
To be selected as one of our Anzisha ventures, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Is your venture established with customers and beneficiaries and are you offering value to them?
- Are you, the founder, leading and managing your venture?
- Is your venture demonstrating some impact already?
- Whether your venture is a for-profit business or cause-based, does it already earn revenues or already reach beneficiaries? Is there potential to increase revenues or beneficiary reach with support from Anzisha?
- Has your venture created jobs and is there potential to create more high quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate two important qualities:
- You are the leader of your venture and you drive both venture strategy and operations.
- You spend at least 20 hours a week (or more) on your business and plan to continue to do so after selection.
Documents Required for Application
- A copy of your ID (Identification Document)
- Company registration documents (if your venture is registered)
- Logos for your venture/project
- Pictures of your project
- A photo of yourself
Application DeadlineNovember 27, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Anzisha Prize on ala2.submittable.com