Undergraduate Scholarship by Australian Catholic University (ACU)
Published: 01 Jan 1970
The Australian Catholic University is awarding scholarships to international students to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate program in Australia for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The University is awarding scholarships to 20 lucky applicants, each scholarship to last for the duration of the recipients course, subject to satisfactory academic performance on their part.
About The Scholarship:
The scholarship rewards students based on academic merit. The student must have achieved at least an average result of 80% in prior studies for their application to be considered. This average can only be calculated from study done in the past two years.
In addition, two Higher Degree by Research scholarships equivalent to the fees and stipend for recipients enrolling in a Masters by Research or Doctoral course of study will also be offered.
To qualify for the scholarship award, the students must be international students and can be from any faculty, enrolling for any ACU degree course.
ACU Undergraduate Scholarship
Benefits of ACU Undergraduate Scholarship
he scholarship will cover half of the full-time fees for the minimum duration of your course (inclusive of RPL/Credit).
Requirements for ACU Undergraduate Scholarship
- Citizenship: international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: first year
- Required study load: full-time
- You must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate program at ACU, commencing inFebruary 2020
- You must have achieved results of at least 80% (equivalent to a GPA of 5.8 on the ACU 7 point scale) in previous study completed within the last two years (undergraduate applicants) or four years (postgraduate applicants)
- You must be applying for an ACU program that is an equal or higher level of study than the currently held qualifications
- You must not be receiving any other ACU scholarship or award
- You must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
The recipients will be selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Executive Director, International, the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or nominee), the Dean of Graduate Studies, the Associate Director, International Admissions and Student Relations and the Associate Director, International Marketing and Recruitment. Further, the Selection Committee may give consideration to:
- The diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled (including across a spread of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and research programs and campuses);
- In the case of applicants undertaking research degrees, the alignment of the applicant’s intended research with the research strengths of the University.
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Evidence of academic merit, showing achievement of an average of at least 80% across the applicant’s most recent study.
- Academic records must include original language documents, translations (where applicable) and official explanation of grading system.
Application DeadlineOctober 6, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Australian Catholic University (ACU) on webapp.acu.edu.au
Postgraduate scholarship by
Australian Catholic University (ACU) Students: Go to the Login tab and login using your normal network login details.
Prospective ACU Students: Go to the Register tab to register your details and set up your login details. Record your username and password in a secure location. Whenever you return to the online scholarship applications, go to the Login tab.
What does the process involve?
- After logging in, or when registering, you will need to complete the personal information screen. Once all required fields are completed, submit your information. Not all fields are required however we recommend you complete the entire form. (If you are an ACU student it is very important that you enter your ACU student email address.)
- Once you have submitted your personal information you will need to attach your supporting documentation.
- The document types that can be uploaded are .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .pdf.
- If you have more than one document to support one of the criteria, scan all of the documents together and upload as one file
- Combined file size should not exceed 8MB.
- Once you have uploaded your documents, your application will be processed. After the closing date, eligible applications will be considered by a Selection Committee and you will be notified by email as to the outcome of your application.