Undergarduate Scholarship by Lagos State Scholarship Board
Ultimate Provision of educational assistance to the needy for the development of Lagos State is our Priority.
The Lagos State Scholarship Board is the State Government’s organ established in February 1968 shortly after the creation of the State to be in charge of Bursary, Scholarship and other educational related matters.
Serves as advisory body and policy formulation organ on all scholarship matters (both local and foreign) of the State Government.
In charge of administration and award of scholarships.
In charge of administration of Bursary Award to all deserving indigenes of the State, running full time courses in Tertiary
Institutions within the country
Liaises between the Federal and Lagos State Government on Scholarship related matters. Such as the Nigeria awards
Assists in coordinating different Scholarship Awards of the Federal Government to the citizens of the state e.g. Commonwealth and Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA).
The Lagos state scholarship board is calling for application for the 2019/2020 scholarship for undergraduates in Nigeria.
Aim and Benefits
A sum of 200, 000.00 will be awarded to successful applicants.
Requirments for Scholarship Undergarduate Qualification
All applicants must have gained full time admission into an accredited Nigerian tertiary Institution.
2. All Under-graduate applicants:
i. Where CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) he /she must possess a minimum of 4.6/7.0
ii. Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he /she must possess a minimum of 3.5/5.0
iii. Where CGPA scale is 4.0 (e.g polytechnics and colleges of education) he /she must possess a Minimum of 3.0/4.0
iv. Where applicant is a medical student in 200L, option i, ii and iii applies
v. Where applicant is a medical student in 300L and above a minimum of Credit is required in their result
3. All applicants must be in their second year or above
4. All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
5. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective Oba
6. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective local government
7. All applicants must purchase a Scholarship application form. (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) through Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board.
Interview date, Process and Venue
Successful applicants will be contacted for oral interview
Required Documents for Application
All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims. Documents like:
- Admission Letter
- School Identity Card or Valid means of school identification
- Letter of identification from Oba
- Letter of identification from Local Government
- SSCE result
- Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card
- Passport Photograph (clear background not older than three months).
- Transcript or Result statement duly signed and stamped from school stating previous session CGPA results clearly
- Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip.
- Shortlisted applicant must participate in a Computer Based Test conducted by Dragnet Solutions Limited in conjunction with Lagos State Scholarship Board.
April 13, 2019 .
How to apply
Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/ to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, additional information, educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information and provide the secret voucher pin and LASSRA Number in the appropriate column
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. Keep the hard copy of the signed profile, this would also be used for verification
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
To secure your voucher pin proceed to the Lagos Scholarship Board office, 254 Ipaja road, Agege, Lagos and show them your payment confirmation slip.
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
Interested and qualified? Go to Lagos State Scholarship Board on scholastica.ng
- Scholarship Grant for Undergradute Students
- Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship for Creative Women
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program
- Executive Scholarship for Online MBA
- Internet Marketing Scholarship - 3rd IBG Scholarship 2019
- Jelvix Scholarship Program 2019
- Gordon Signy Fellowships, 2019
- University Of Queensland Master of Advanced Economics Scholarships in Australia, 2019
- Dame Margaret Clark Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand, 2019
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Elite Sport Scholarship Awards in UK, 2019
- University Of Hamburg Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, 2020
- Bayer Science & Education Foundation – International Fellowships, 2019
- Frank J. Richter Scholarship from The American Association of Railroad Superintendents,Canada 2019
- Purdue University Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowships in US, 2020
- Tony Shaw- International Students House Scholarship – University of Westminster UK 2019
- C4TS Scholarship In Trauma Sciences- Queen Mary University of London, UK, 2019
- Mathematics Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in US, 2019
- 2020, NUS Department of Economic PhD scholarships in Singapore
- St. Cross Worldwide Scholarships- University of Oxford, 2019