Undergarduate Scholarship by Education USA Opportunity Funds
The EducationUSA is accepting application from Nigerian undergraduates
Aim and Benefits
There are many determined and talented, low-income students in Nigeria who only require financial resources and access to information to better their educational future. For the 11th year, the United States Embassy, Nigeria seeks to identify academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria to join the EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP).
OFP’s mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for financial assistance from U.S. colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front cost of obtaining admission.
OFP works closely with students through regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships to attend colleges and universities in the United States. OFP finances the cost of the application process, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the U.S. EducationUSA Advising Center for its participants. OFP expects a sincere commitment from the students to give their energy and time to the program so that they may achieve their dreams of study in the United States.
Applicants are welcome from all the states in Nigeria. However, students must be able to reach our offices in Abuja or Lagos on a monthly basis during the program for full participation. Participants will work with our EducationUSA Advisors from June 2019 – August 2020 to try to secure places and financial assistance to begin study in the U.S. in August 2020.
Requirments for Scholarship Undergarduate Qualification
- Strong academic record/ transcript
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
NOTE: Undergraduate Applicants– If WAEC results are not available; the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC.
Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
Required Documents for Application
- Complete Application Form
- Academic Results:
Undergraduate Applicants– Attach a copy of your WAEC “O” Level results (from WAEC website). Include Cambridge A’Level or IGSCE results if applicable or available.
Graduate Applicants– Attach a copy of your Final year results and degree results (if available) First Class only (STEM majors preferred).
- Request a teacher or your school principal to complete a letter of recommendation form, attesting to your character, talent and skills. Please do not include a basic testimonial that does not talk about you as an individual.
- Send a scanned copy of your transcript from JS1 to SS3 including your mock and first term results, if possible.
- Write two essays, one from Group A and one from Group B, each of about 250– 300 words. The essay topics will be on the application form you receive. (Essay topics will be found on the form)
April 14, 2019 .
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Education USA Opportunity Funds on docs.google.com
- Scholarship Grant for Undergradute Students
- Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship for Creative Women
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program
- Executive Scholarship for Online MBA
- Internet Marketing Scholarship - 3rd IBG Scholarship 2019
- Jelvix Scholarship Program 2019
- Gordon Signy Fellowships, 2019
- University Of Queensland Master of Advanced Economics Scholarships in Australia, 2019
- Dame Margaret Clark Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand, 2019
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Elite Sport Scholarship Awards in UK, 2019
- University Of Hamburg Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, 2020
- Bayer Science & Education Foundation – International Fellowships, 2019
- Frank J. Richter Scholarship from The American Association of Railroad Superintendents,Canada 2019
- Purdue University Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowships in US, 2020
- Tony Shaw- International Students House Scholarship – University of Westminster UK 2019
- C4TS Scholarship In Trauma Sciences- Queen Mary University of London, UK, 2019
- Mathematics Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in US, 2019
- 2020, NUS Department of Economic PhD scholarships in Singapore
- St. Cross Worldwide Scholarships- University of Oxford, 2019