Postgraduate Scholarship Scholarship by Government of Mauritius
Published: 01 Jan 1970
As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria below
Government of Mauritius Postgraduate Scholarship
Benefits of Government of Mauritius Postgraduate Scholarship
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Requirements for Government of Mauritius Postgraduate Scholarship
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 45 years by the closing date of application
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2021;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Master’s Two (2) years
- PhD Three (3) years
Candidates must also submit the fully completed Application Form and certified copies of the following documents as part of their application to their local Nominating Agency:
- Birth Certificate;
- Relevant educational certificates and transcripts;
- Medical certificate to be filled and stamped by a registered medical practitioner in Section 6 of the Application Form;
- Copy of passport biodata page, if available.
- A study plan.
Application DeadlineJune 11, 2021
How to Apply
Undergraduate scholarship by
- Guidelines for Applicants – Diploma and Undergraduate Degree click here
- Guidelines for Applicants – Masters Progra??mmes? click here
- Application Form Undergraduate Programmes Click here
- Application Form Postgraduate Programmes? click here
For more details, visit the scholarship website