Postgraduate Scholarship Scholarship by Chinese Governmeent
Published: 01 Jan 1970
Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by Chinese Ministry of Education in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
Chinese Government Postgraduate Scholarship
Benefits of Chinese Government Postgraduate Scholarship
The Bilateral Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships.
Requirements for Chinese Government Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
Duration of Program:
- Master’s students: 2-5 years
- Doctoral students: 3-6 years
- General scholars: up to 2 years
- Senior scholars: up to 2 years
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
- Copy of Passport Home Page: Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1, 2022.
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities.
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.
Application DeadlineApril 15, 2021
How to Apply
Undergraduate scholarship by
- Step 1 – Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
- Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate);
- Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
- Step 4 – Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
For more details, visit the scholarship website