Need-Based Aid Scholarship by Ohio Wesleyan University (OWU)
Published: 01 Jan 1970
Ohio Wesleyan University is providing scholarship opportunities to individuals who are interested in studying a degree program at the Institution.
Ohio Wesleyan offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students.
No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered. However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, please complete the ISFAA (International Student Financial Aid Application).
OWU Need-Based Aid
Requirements for OWU Need-Based Aid
- International students may be eligible for need-based aid. Apply for financial aid by submitting the International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) along with your application and other required documents during the application stage. Learn More.
Application for financial aid is only reviewed at time of admission. Students cannot apply once enrolled.
OWU makes every effort to meet unmet need for accepted students as defined by evaluating the ISFAA.
On campus student employment is possible up to 10 hours per week. However, jobs are not guaranteed. International students are not allowed to work off campus, per US government regulations.
Application DeadlineNovember 15, 2021
How to Apply
Merit Scholarships scholarship by
- Submit the Common Application or the OWU Online Application. There is NO application fee.
- One Essay should be submitted with the Common Application or our OWU Online Application.. You can choose the topic.
- English Language Proficiency: We require all international students verify their English proficiency. Please see the various English Proficiency options. The University reserves the right to require additional English language instruction, if needed, upon arrival.
- SAT Scores/ACT Scores are OPTIONAL for all students. You will not be placed at a disadvantage if you are unable to submit standardized testing. If you do wish to submit your testing, we would be pleased to consider your scores (SAT code 1594, ACT code 3316). You may self-report scores but we will require official ones at the enrollment stage. SAT/ACT scores are NOT required for Transfer Students.
- Academic Records can be submitted through the Common Application website by the school or by email if sent directly from the school under their official email address. The official records should include each subject you study and the academic grade/mark or other evidence that you completed the course satisfactorily. Your record should contain an explanation of the grading system. They should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation.
- One letter of recommendation is needed from a teacher, coach, or principal who is familiar with your recent academic performance. Submit via the Common Application website Alternatively, you may send by email to [email protected].
- Certification of Finances OR the International Student Financial Aid Application is required (see below).
- Interviews: although interviews are not required for students, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you better through a personal interview - a conversation with a counselor. OWU offers several options for interviews:
- InitialView Interview
- Duolingo English Test with interview
- Vericant for Chinese applicants only
- Virtual Interview with an Ohio Wesleyan Representative - offered after an application has been submitted.
For more details, visit OWU website