Masters Scholarships Scholarship by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Published: 01 Jan 1970
TRAJECTS, The Transnational Centre for Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability opens its Call for Applications for Master and PhD Scholarships 2021.
TRAJECTS is a DAAD-funded project that seeks to create and/or strengthen research and teaching capacities on Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability, especially in the Global South.
Within this framework, Master scholarships aim to strengthen the research capacity of our partners in the Global South and to increase the number of students contributing to research questions relevant for TRAJECTS as well as their individual interests and future careers.
Similarly, PhD scholarships aim to strengthen the research capacity of our partners in the Global South, and generate long-term local capacity to deal with academic and practical questions related to Transitions to Sustainability.
Where will Award be Taken?
- The master scholarships will be provided at TRAJECTS main hub Universidad Nacional de Colombia UNAL (6 scholarships), the African sister hub University of Cape Town UCT (12 scholarships) and the implementing partner Universidad del Magdalena UMS (12 scholarships).
- The PhD scholarships will be provided at TRAJECTS main hub Universidad Nacional de Colombia UNAL (2022-24: 6 scholarships; 2023-25: 6 scholarships) and the African sister hub University of Cape Town UCT (2022-24: 2 scholarships; 2023-25: 2 scholarships).
TRAJECTS/DAAD Masters Scholarships
Benefits of TRAJECTS/DAAD Masters Scholarships
- Monthly allowance: Monthly stipend of 400.- Euro for maximum of 2 years (24 months), starting earliest on January 1st 2022, ending latest on December 31st 2023.
- Travel costs: Limited funds of in total 2.500.- EUR per cohort and year are available for Master candidates coming from third countries to support international travel between the home and the host country. Travel costs will be paid based on real costs up to a budget limit per eligible grantee to be calculated depending on the number of eligible grantees.
- Individual Material Expenditure Allowance for Research: Real costs up to the budget limit of 500,- EUR per Master grantee (for the whole funding period of 24 months).
Requirements for TRAJECTS/DAAD Masters Scholarships
- Last degree certificate must not be older than six years when applying for the scholarship
- Enrolment as Master student at UMS/ UCT/ UNAL
- Newly enrolled or 1st-semester student at the beginning of the funding period – funding granted initially for max 4 semesters and max. until the end of the 4th semester (subject to a semesterly check of academic achievement)
- Exceptional cases of funding of students in the 2nd or higher semester at the beginning of the funding period can be considered (subject to the decision of the scholarship committee)
- Exceptional cases of funding beyond the end of the 4th semester can be considered (subject to decision of the scholarship committee)
- Motivation letter
Application DeadlineNovember 30, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on docs.google.com
to applyPhD Scholarships scholarship by