Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) as part of its Human Resource Development Initiative is awarding a Post Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The scholarship is for qualified applicants who have a relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
2. Agricultural Science
4. Medical Sciences
6. Environmental Sciences
7. Management sciences
â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹Table of Content
NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
1. First degree with minimum of 2nd Class, Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
2. Applicants must have gained valid admission letter for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
3. Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
5. Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
6. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
All completed applications must be submitted on or before 4th July, 2019.
The Commission will not enter into any form of communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the computer based test (CBT), those who were not invited for oral interview or candidates that were not successful at the oral interviews.
Preference would be given to candidates from oil producing/bearing communities/Local Government areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
The Commission will ensure a fair spread of course among beneficiaries within each State.
Deferment, change of institution and course are not permitted.
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.