Masters Scholarship by Mastercard Foundation
Published: 01 Jan 1970
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 120 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions authorised to nominate candidates.\
Sciences Po is the first university in continental Europe to join the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Within this international network, 27 prestigious institutions in Africa, America and Europe are committed to ensuring that all young people, whatever their background, have the same opportunities to get a quality education and fulfil their potential.
Over six years (2017 – 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
- 40 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
- Apply for the Scholarship before November 25, 2020
- Apply for your master before December 6, 2020
- Summer School:
- Apply for the Scholarship before January 31, 2021
- Apply to the Sciences Po Summer School before February 28, 2021
Mastercard Foundation/Sciences Po Masters Scholarship
Benefits of Mastercard Foundation/Sciences Po Masters Scholarship
These scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study .
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
Requirements for Mastercard Foundation/Sciences Po Masters Scholarship
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
- Official academic transcript(s) (signed and/or stamped) for the entirety of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programmes).
- Language Test scores (where applicable)
- Two academic references.
- Official proof (signed and stamped) from your university, providing your undergraduate cumulative grade average (and your graduate cumulative grade average if applicable).
- Articles or other texts which you have written or published (not mandatory).
One of the following documents may also be required depending on the programme:
- Professional reference
- A copy of your law degree, etc.
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Mastercard Foundation on admission.sciencespo.fr
to applySummer School scholarship by