Masters Scholarship by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Published: 01 Jan 1970
The Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS) at the University of Ghana is accepting applications for the award of the 2022/2023 German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships to pursue Master of Arts (MA) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in Population Studies at RIPS.
RIPS is an important institution in Anglophone Africa for the training of population scientists and generation of high-quality research in population and related disciplines in order to provide solutions for solving development challenges in Ghana and beyond.
DAAD/University Of Ghana Masters Scholarship
Benefits of DAAD/University Of Ghana Masters Scholarship
The DAAD scholarship will cover tuition, stipends and accommodation for one-year Master of Arts (MA) and four-year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) students.
- Of the Master programme is up to 1 year
Requirements for DAAD/University Of Ghana Masters Scholarship
- Applicants must have successfully completed generally a three-year/four-year university degree and obtained above average results (minimum of second class upper division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Sahara African country
- should generally be a staff member of a public university, b) candidate
considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector
Your admission process will go through the steps below. Please take note of deadlines.
- Candidate’s application submitted to RIPS on or before January 14th, 2022
- RIPS to submit shortlisted candidates to DAAD by February 4th, 2022.
- DAAD will directly contact shortlisted candidates
- Shortlisted candidates to submit their applications via DAAD portal by February 17th, 2022
- Scholarship awardees to receive notification from DAAD at the appropriate time
- All shortlisted candidates will be notified to apply to the University of Ghana for admission when the admission portal for entrance to UG opens.
Documents to be submitted to RIPS:
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Undergraduate Transcript
- One-page motivation statement
- TOEFL score (70 and above) or IELTS score (6.0 and above) not more than two years at the time of application (if applying as national or permanent resident of Francophone/Lusophone country)
Email the filled application form with scanned copies of required documents to
[email protected] or [email protected]
Application DeadlineJanuary 14, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on bit.ly
PhD Scholarship scholarship by
The application process contains two steps.
- First step includes Application at University of Ghana
- Second step (DAAD Application: Regional Institute for Population Studies, University of Ghana will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal. Only the pre-selected candidates will be asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application.
Click on https://bit.ly/3mvP2nl for application form