WHO/TDR 2023 Postgraduate Scholarship for Developing Countries (Fully-funded)
The School of Public Health, University of Antioquia in Medellin, Colombia, is pleased to announce a new extension to the Call for Applications for the award of TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarships for a twoyear Master of Public Health (MPH) postgraduate programme, with specialization in implementation science, for the academic session 2023–2025, beginning in August 2023.
This full scholarship is supported by TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland. Only candidates and residents in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) of the World Health Organization Region of the Americas are eligible to apply.
Table of Content
WHO/TDR Masters Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of WHO/TDR Masters Scholarship
- Economy airfare between the home country of the student and Colombia.
- Tuition and academic fees.
- Basic medical and accident insurance.
- Monthly stipend to cover food and accommodation for one person.
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel during data collection in home country
Requirements for WHO/TDR Masters Scholarship
- Be residents in and nationals of low- and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region.
- Be 35 years old or younger.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from any recognized university.
- Be proficient in English.
- Provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before the commencement of program
Interview date, Process and Venue for WHO/TDR Masters Scholarship
- 1 March 2023: Extension of the call for Applications
- 29 May 2023: Last date for submission of Completed Applications
- 1 - 4 June 2023: Review of Applications
- 4 June 2023: Summon of Shortlisted Applicants for Interviews
- 5 - 7 June 2023: Interviews for selection
- 30 June 2023: Final Selection subject to TDR Scholarship Acceptance
- 14 August 2023: Arrival at University of Antioquia/Orientation
- 22 August 2023: Academic Instruction Begin
Application DeadlineMay 29, 2023
How to Apply