Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) and its co-venture partners hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2020 NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme.Table of Content
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) pioneered Nigeria's deep-water oil and gas production at the Bonga field, a project that increased Nigeria's oil capacity by 10% when output began in 2005.At full output, Bonga has the potential to add more than 200,000 barrels of crude oil and 150 million standard cubic feet of gas to Nigeria's daily production. Shell is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with an average of 93,0... read more
The merit-based scholarship is open to FULL TIME undergraduates studying in Universities within Nigeria.
Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
To Apply, Follow the Steps Below
For more details, visit Scholastica website
1. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
2. Does SNEPCo charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. SNEPCo does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
3. Who is eligible for SNEPCo national merit university scholarships?
Undergraduates in 200 level in universities in Nigeria
4. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
5. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognised university in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities’ Commission (NUC).
7. Which university may I go to, to qualify for a scholarship?
You may attend any university in Nigeria - Federal or State recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
8. Can I apply if I attend a degree awarding institution that is not a University?
In order to qualify for the program, you must be a student of a UNIVERSITY that is recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).
9. I am a resident in a foreign country. Can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply, only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into, and is attending a university in Nigeria.
10. I am neither a Nigerian citizen, nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the Shell University Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens, attending universities in Nigeria.
11. If a student is in a remedial year (that is year 0 of the university programme) can he / she benefit from the University Scholarship Scheme?
12. Must I be between a certain age group to qualify for the scholarship?
13. I have applied before; can I apply again this year?
14. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is as stated in the advert for the specified academic session. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
15. How do I apply? You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation. The application format and conditions are available on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
16. What do I need to submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested.
17. Can I fax or email the application or supporting documents to SNEPCo?
No. Faxed or email applications and supporting documents will not be accepted.
18. In applying for the scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.
19. While applying, can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.
20. Can I apply through an agent or a SNEPCo representative in my university or community?
No. For avoidance of doubt, SNEPCo has not authorised any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards to the SNEPCo National Merit University scholarship programme. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully; ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system; and delete their personal details from public computers)
1. How do I know that my computer meets the requirements for the Test?
Kindly go to https://network-test.talview.com/ and check your computer suitability before the test.
2. Is there an alternative provision for calculator?
If the assessment you are taking requires a calculator, one will be automatically provided on the test page.
3. Questions are not displaying?
Once you have completed all pretest checks, go through the test instructions and then click on the “Next” button at the bottom right to proceed to answer questions.
4. Can only view “Attempt all questions”, “Next” button not showing?
The “Next” button would be at the bottom right of the test screen.
5. Invalid username and password?
Please type in exactly what was sent to you.
6. Must the laptop have a webcam and why do I need a webcam for the test?
A webcam is a compulsory requirement as this would be used to record and monitor your test.
7. Can I upload a scanned ID card?
Yes, you can upload a scanned ID card before starting the test.
8. Can I make use of an iPad in place of laptop for the test?
No, only computers can be used for the test.
9. Getting response that I am not currently scheduled for an assessment?
This could be because you are trying to login outside of your schedule testing duration or you have already completed the test.
10. The page keeps loading
All settings take a couple of minutes to load. Slow loading is as a result of internet connection. Please check your connection and try again.
11. Webcam unable to capture ID card and face properly?
Ensure you are in a room with proper lighting. Also, ensure you are properly positioned in front of the webcam. During the test, ensure you limit unnecessary face movement.
12. Audio detect page is hanging
Please check that the computer you are using does not have any hardware issues.
13. Unable to submit and logged out
Please check your internet connection. Ensure all uploads get to 100% and the “Test Completed Successfully” is displayed before closing the page.
1. How do I remain eligible for the Award?
To remain eligible you must: be a full-time student making satisfactory progress in your degree program; maintain an average minimum of 3.5 CGPA, and meet the campus' student conduct standards. Note that, the award will be forfeited if it is discovered that you have violated the terms of the award.
2. Can I defer my scholarship?
3. I need to withdraw from a course, but I will still be a full-time student. Will this affect my Scholarship?
If you withdraw from a course, and change to another of the same duration, it will not affect the scholarship. If the withdrawal means a longer session in school, then the scholarship will be affected. Be sure to write to the Scholarship Coordinator, about the development.
4. What happens if I get a scholarship, but do not continue with a university course thereafter?
Where you do not meet the academic requirements for your course, or you are no longer a registered student of the university, or you decide not to take up the offer, any agreement related to the scholarship award will become null and void.
5. What happens if I have to interrupt my studies, or repeat a year? Will I still get my scholarship?
As a general rule, continuation of the scholarship depends on making satisfactory academic progress. Each student's case will however be considered carefully, looking at each individual's circumstance.
6. When does the scholarship award expire?
The scholarship award expires upon completion of the course for which the award was made.
7. I am doing a programme of study, which is longer than the usual four years. Will I get a scholarship for each year of my programme?
Yes. Scholarship will be paid for every year of your programme, irrespective of the duration, as long as you do not repeat any year.
8. Is my financial aid going to change from year to year?
SNEPCo is committed to offering a consistent aid package throughout the undergraduate years. However failure to operate in an enabling environment, may affect a beneficiary’s scholarship package.
9. Is the scholarship renewable after the first year?
Yes, the scholarship is awarded for the full duration of undergraduate study. The applicant’s mode of admission vis-à-vis the course duration is taken into consideration, in arriving at the number of academic years for the award.
10. Is there a grade point average that has to be maintained to retain the scholarship?
Yes. A GPA of 3.5 minimum must be maintained to retain the scholarship; you are also required to maintain a satisfactory academic progress. If you are dismissed from the University for academic reasons, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
11. My programme involves a year away from the University. Will I still get my scholarship for this year as well?
Yes, once this is confirmed, and it does not extend outside the normal duration of the programme.
12. What criterion is used in the selection of candidates?
Various aspects of a candidate’s application are taken in consideration. This includes his or her academic accomplishment, aptitude test scores, as well as verification of the applicant’s admission status and other personal details.
13. Can I be a part-time student and receive the scholarship?
No. Scholarships are offered to students on full-time studies only.
14. Can I be re-awarded my scholarship if I lose it for any reason?
15. Can I use the scholarship award at any Nigerian university?
Yes, you may transfer between any campus of a university while on the scheme, as long as you maintain academic eligibility.
16. Can I apply for a scholarship if I already receive financial support or scholarship from another organisation?