FMEnv/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship Program for Nigerian Students (Up to $4,000)
Published: 09 Nov 2023
The Federal Ministry of Environment in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is implementing the Charity KPABEP Scholarship program for female engineers and technicians in Nigeria.
This scholarship component forms part of the activities proposed for Nigeria’s Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) Phase-out Management Plan (HPMP) Stage III Project. The HPMP Stage III Project targets to phase out 17.13 Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) tonnes of HCFC-22 through a low Ozone Depleting Potential and low Global Warming Potential technologies-, as well as assist Nigeria in meeting the target of 67.5 percent reduction in HCFC baseline consumption by 2025.
The Charity KPABEP Scholarship program was approved by the Executive Committee (EXCOM) of the Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol in December 2022. It is intended to develop the potential of female technicians and engineers and to create a group of experts and policymakers advocating for women employed in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
FMEnv/UNIDO Scholarship Program
Benefits of FMEnv/UNIDO Scholarship Program
Charity Kpabep Scholarships include:
- A one-time award of up to $4,000 (Paid in tranches and contingent on the successful completion of a training and internship on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)) [Please note: Final award amount will differ based on student’s financial plan and requirement]
- A possible training on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- A possible 1 – 3 months Internship with a company focused on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- Free collegiate membership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Access to mentors in the engineering field
FMEnv/UNIDO Scholarship Program Courses
Requirements for FMEnv/UNIDO Scholarship Program
- Applicant must identify as a woman.
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be below 40 years at the time of application.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University, Polytechnic, or post-secondary institution based in Nigeria.
- Currently enrolled in a FULL TIME Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree program in Engineering sciences and Technology, or related fields.
- Applicants must be within the final two years of study.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement, however, candidates must maintain a good academic record.
- Have a record of leadership and engagement in extracurricular activities.
- Commit to attending all scholarship engagement events, workshops, and training.
- Commit to completing an internship in a relevant company, organization or institution within the period of the scholarship.
- Commit to writing quarterly progress reports, and an internship report.
- Application opens: 18th September 2023
- Application closes: 31st December 2023
- Reviews and shortlisting of selected candidates for interview: January 2024
- Deadline for submission of reference letters: 28th February 2024
- Interviews: February 2024
- Award of scholarships: March 2024
Application DeadlineDecember 31, 2023
How to Apply
The application must be submitted in English Language only. Make sure all questions are filled in properly and carefully.
In addition to completing the application form, all applicants must upload the following documents. Kindly combine all documents in one pdf document with file size of 5mb maximum (Document name should be Last name_First name_UNIDO KPABEP 2023, for example Doe_Sara_UNIDO KPABEP 2023):
- A 1000 word maximum Letter of motivation answering the following questions:
- What motivated you to pursue this course of study?
- What have been your most significant accomplishments till date?
- How have you demonstrated leadership in your community or academic environment?
- What are your long term career plans and how will this scholarship enable you to achieve them?
- Letter from sponsor
- A copy of your curriculum vitae/resume.
- Academic transcripts detailing your most recent academic results.
- Proof of enrolment in the current semester, if available.
- Most recent academic certificate attained, if available.
For more details,visit FMEnv/UNIDO website