The 2021 African Economic Conference (AEC), jointly organized by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the African Development Bank (AfDB), and the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) will be held in Cabo Verde, as well as virtually, from 2 to 4 December 2021.
Since its inception in 2006, the AEC series has fostered dialogue and the exchange of knowledge on a variety of issues and challenges facing Africa.
The theme of this year’s conference is: Financing Africa’s post Covid-19 Development.Table of Content
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank Group is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The African Development Bank (AfDB) Group comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund. The overarching objective of the Bank is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction. Th... read more
• Promote knowledge management as an important driver of policy dialogue, good policy planning and implementation.
• Foster dialogue that promotes the exchange of ideas and innovative thinking among researchers, development practitioners and policymakers.
• Encourage and enhance research on economic and policy issues related to the development of African economies by promoting evidence-based policymaking.
• Provide an opportunity for young African researchers, Africans in the Diaspora, and organizations to share knowledge with policymakers
• Serve as a platform for researchers, policymakers, and private sector operators to meet and have consensus on regional and continental integration as an instrument to accelerate Africa’s inclusive and sustainable development.
Deadline for paper submissions 15 July 2021
Notification of final acceptance 15 September 2021
Last day for registration for presenters 31 October 2021
Conference dates 2 – 4 December 2021
For more details,visit African Economic Conference website