Global Citizen 2023 Waislitz Global Citizen Awards (up to $250,000 in prizes)
The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards are annual cash prizes totaling $250,000 that recognize the excellence of individuals in their work to end extreme poverty. The awards are presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen and supported by the leading US and Australian based cellular medicines company, Mesoblast Ltd. and Unico Capital Holdings.
“Ending extreme poverty is not a choice, it’s an obligation. My hope is that it will inspire many thousands of people around the world to do what they can to improve the living standards of those in dire need,” Chairman and Founder of the Melbourne-based Waislitz Foundation, Alex Waislitz.
The Waislitz foundation exists to create a positive social impact locally and globally through innovative projects that empower individuals to meet their full potential and make a measurable difference to the world.
Table of Content
Global Citizen Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
Aim and Benefits of Global Citizen Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
The 2023 Waislitz Global Citizen Awards feature three awards totaling $250,000.
- $100,000: Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize)
- $75,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award
- $75,000: The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award
In addition to the cash prizes, the three winners will be profiled in editorial pieces that will be featured on the Global Citizen platform and social media.
Requirements for Global Citizen Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
- Entrants must be aged 18 years of age or older;
- They may be from anywhere in the world;
- They accept applications from any individual who is doing impactful work and who has a registered legal entity such as non-profit, for-profit, B-corp, social enterprise, etc.
- Applicants must apply for the awards themselves.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Global Citizen Waislitz Global Citizen Awards
All applicants will be evaluated based on individual merit, including the following five key areas:
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- DISRUPTION: Has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- SCALABILITY: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- ADAPTABILITY: Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
Application DeadlineMay 31, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Global Citizen on 2023waislitzaward.skild.com