Venture for Africa 2023 Fintech Product Management Bootcamp for African Students
Venture for Africa (VFA), an immersion programme and talent community created to enable top experienced local and global talent to transition into the African startup ecosystem, is accepting applications to the second cohort of its VFA Fintech Product Management Bootcamp.
The VFA Fintech Product Management Bootcamp is a 12-week programme designed to upskill aspiring and existing product managers in Africa’s fintech space.
Ideal participants include mid-level product managers looking to dive into the fintech space and upskill in PM strategy; mid to senior-level business unit leaders from traditional banking looking to switch to working in product management in a tech startup; consultants with experience working on businesses in the financial services industry; and mid to senior-level PMs who have built capacity in more traditional organisations.
Table of Content
Venture for Africa Fintech Product Management Bootcamp
Aim and Benefits of Venture for Africa Fintech Product Management Bootcamp
By the end of the VFA Fintech Product Management Bootcamp, you can expect to have a better understanding of:
- Africa’s Fintech Industry + Major Players
- Fintech Product Strategies
- Fintech Regulation in Major African Markets
- Software Product Development Life Cycles
- Core Fintech Business Models
- Customer Needs and User Research
Requirements for Venture for Africa Fintech Product Management Bootcamp
- A mid-level product manager looking to dive into the fintech space and upskill in PM strategy
- A mid to senior-level business unit leader with experience working at a bank (retail/commercial) looking to switch to working in product management in a fintech startup
- A consultant with experience working on businesses in the financial services industry
- A mid to senior-level Project Manager who has built capacity in more traditional organisations
Application DeadlineDecember 16, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Venture for Africa (VFA) on form.typeform.com
- Fill out the Bootcamp application form
- We review each application for candidates who meet the requirements
- Candidates who meet the requirements will be asked to send in: (1) A 3-minute video sharing what your current career aspirations are and what you hope to gain from the fintech PM Bootcamp. (2) 1 (one) reference from anyone you’ve worked with or someone who knows you enough to share why they think you’d be a good fit for the program
- Top candidates will be invited to a final 1-on-1 interview
- Onboarding, kick-off and orientation sessions
- Access to VFA PM resource library + Study group formation
- Bootcamp Begins!
For more details, visit Venture for Africa website.