The Wole Soyinka International Cultural Exchange is currently inviting applications from qualified and interested candidates who wish to participate in this year's competition.
An International Cultural Exchange Program designed for the purpose of using the platforms of Literature, Arts and Culture to affirm and uphold the dignity of man. Focusing on the youths as the future of humanity, fostering unity among mankind regardless of nationality, ethnicity and religion.
WSICE is held across Nigeria and other parts of the world with participation from students of secondary schools and tertiary institutions; a cultural advocacy session; lectures, and symposium on humanity as well as poetry and theatrical performances.Table of Content
The Open Door Series Project WS is an International Cultural Exchange Program designed for the purpose of using the platforms of Literature, Arts and Culture to affirm and uphold the dignity of man. Focusing on the youths as the future of humanity, the ICE seeks to foster unity among mankind regardless of nationality, ethnicity and religion. Our 1st edition premiered 13th July 2010 on the 76th birthday of Professor Wole Soyinka and had 76 stars of stage and screen walk the red carpet at Muson center in his honor. Fully sponsored by Zmirage Multimedia in collaboration with Global New Have... read more
As their vision for the project states, “they wish to engrave in the hearts of the youth the uncommon view that education, art and culture are authentic panaceas to fear, violence and their resultant erosion of individual will and self-actualization”. The youth hold the key to change and prosperity in Nigeria and the world. It is their duty to engage them and ensure their mindset and priorities are in the direction of progress for the motherland and humanity.
Junior: 12-16 Winner
Senior: 17-22 Winner
*overall winner in the Junior category gets an additional $300
*overall winner in the senior category gets an additional $500
The second and integral part of the year’s cultural exchange is the essay competition which targets the youth, and is open in two categories:
1. Originality and creativity: Treatment of the theme showing imagination, human interest and a fresh point of view. Ability to think ‘outside the box’ in an unusual way.
2. Content and structure: Clearly express your ideas in an organized manner. Fully develop your theme and use transitions to move smoothly from one idea to the other.
3. Length: Must conform strictly to the word limit provided for each category.
4. There must be logical flow using proper grammar and spelling.
5. Adherence to the topic. Essays must stay focused on the topic.
6. Wow factor: Exceptional essays that display an incredible use of vocabulary, clever ideas, and unique style.
7. No use of foul language, derogatory words or insinuation.
1. Essays should be submitted in PDF, double line spacing, each page numbered. No pictures or illustrations. Font size 12, Times New Roman (or equivalent).
2. Essays should be not less than 350 words and not more than 400 words for category 1 (ages 12-16) and not less than 800 words and not more than 1000 words for category 2 (ages 17-22).
3. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
4. By entering the contest, all entrants grant WSICE a non-exclusive worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to use and publish each entry for any purpose and in any manner which WSICE, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate.
5. The judges decision on any matter is final. There is no obligation on WSICE or on the judges to provide an explanation for any decision made.
6. WISCE and/or the judges may disqualify any entry without an explanation if the evidence suggests that there has been a breach of the competition rules.
7. Prizes are not transferable or negotiable.
8. WSICE accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete and or illegible entries will be disqualified. Late entries will not be considered.
9. All essays must carry a one line certification….. I certify that this essay is solely written by me and no one else has any claim to the copyright.
10. All entrants must submit a passport photograph. (Headshot)
11. Winners will be announced on WSICE website and also contacted individually via email.
For FAQ, Click here
For more details, visit WSICE website