L’Oréal-UNESCO 2024 International Awards in Life and Environmental Sciences (€100,000 prize)
The 2024 International Awards will designate five outstanding researchers in Life and Environmental Sciences, each working in one of the following regions: Africa and the Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America. The five laureates will be selected by an international jury for their tremendous contribution to scientific advancement and will receive their Awards in June 2024 in Paris.
Since 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science program has recognized and celebrated eminent women in science throughout the world. To date, the L’Oréal-UNESCO partnership has distinguished 127 eminent women at the height of their scientific careers and supported more than 4000 promising young women scientists from more than 110 countries at doctoral and postdoctoral levels. The International Awards are given out in alternate years to women researchers either in life sciences or in physical sciences, mathematics and computer science.
Table of Content
L’Oréal-UNESCO International Awards
Aim and Benefits of L’Oréal-UNESCO International Awards
- Each of the Laureates will receive €100,000.
Requirements for L’Oréal-UNESCO International Awards
- The candidate must be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community.
- Be actively involved in scientific research.
- Be involved in any field of Life and Environmental Sciences.
- One candidate will be selected for each of the five regions, the determining factor being the place of work for at least 10 years, not the nationality of the candidate.
Interview date, Process and Venue for L’Oréal-UNESCO International Awards
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the advancement of science.
- The impact of the candidate’s research work on the current state of her scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents…).
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications.
- The recognition of the candidate’s commitment to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
Application DeadlineJune 28, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to UNESCO on
The nomination files must be submitted by June 28, 2023 (France GMT/UTC + 2h). Only completed nominations received through the platform by this deadline will be considered.
Click here to nominate.
For more details,visit UNESCO website