IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships at The Institution of Engineering and Technology in UK, 2019
IET aims to inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. As a diverse home across engineering and technology, they share knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter. It’s why they are uniquely placed to champion engineering.
The Institution of Engineering and Technology was formed in 2006 by the joining together of the IEE (Institution of Electrical Engineers) and the IIE (Institution of Incorporated Engineers). This overview summarises the history of the IET from its foundation in 1871.
IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships at The Institution of Engineering and Technology in UK, 2019 is open for UK students only. The scholarship allows Bachelor, Masters level programm(s) in the field of Engineering taught at Institution of Engineering and Technology . The deadline of the scholarhip is September 12, 2019
Aim and Benefits
- Winners will receive free Student membership of the IET for the duration of their course, if not already received as an IET Academic Partner with their University;
- A chance to be an ambassador for the IET and inspiring young people to pursue STEM careers.
- Three winners will each receive a Charles Belling Diamond Jubilee Scholarship worth £3,000 per annum (up to a maximum of four years).
- One winner will receive an IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarship supported by the Janet Firmin Memorial Fund worth £1,000 per annum (up to a maximum of four years).
- Two winners will each receive an IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarship supported by Siemens worth £1,000 per annum (up to a maximum of four years).
- One winner will receive an IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarship supported by Plextek worth £1,000 per annum (up to a maximum of four years).
- Approximately 25 winners will each receive an IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarship worth £1,000 per annum (up to a maximum of four years).
List of Courses for Undergraduate Scholarship
Requirments for Scholarship Undergraduate Qualification
The scholarships are for individuals who;
- Either achieve;
- ABB or above at A Level
- ABB or above at Advanced Highers
- AAAAB or above at Highers
- International Baccalaureate Diploma at 36 points or above
- Diamond Jubilee Scholarships are for UK residents only.
- Must be about to commence studying in Autumn 2019, on an undergraduate degree programme in the UK which has been accredited by the IET. Before making your application, check the list of CEng and IEng accredited programmes to make sure that your degree course in the UK is accredited by the IET. If your degree course is not accredited by the IET, you will not be eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Please do not apply if you intend to study Civil, Chemical or Structural Engineering, unless your degree course is IET accredited.
Interview date, Process and Venue
Your entry will be assessed on the following:
- The quality of your application;
- Commitment to engineering;
- Achievements and academic progress;
- External activity, for example volunteering, STEM promotion or work experience
November 30, -0001 .
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships on ietawards.secure-platform.com