DotConnectAfrica 2022 Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding for African Women in Tech Businesses
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy, is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa that will offer grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
The Programme is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, we identify how we might support scalability and their impacts.
Table of Content
DCA Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding
Aim and Benefits of DCA Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding
- The 2022 Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars (USD 5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity.
- A second category of One Thousand United States Dollars (USD 1000) will be granted as a prize for two other applicants from emerging African countries that create further socio-economic value for women by effectively leveraging tech opportunities.
Requirements for DCA Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding
To apply for a Miss.Africa Seed Fund grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Application must be submitted in English.
- Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
- Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
Interview date, Process and Venue for DCA Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding
Selection Criteria: Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
Application DeadlineApril 15, 2022
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- Please cite sources if you have used someone else’s work. Plagiarizing will result in automatic disqualification.
- Keep your proposal Short:. A maximum of 4 pages Text only or 6 Pages if it includes images.
- Keep it simple :An easy to understand proposal makes for a happy judge.
- Be practical:Give solutions that are out of the box that can be implemented fast and are scalable.
- One submission per person
- Judges Award is Final
- Enjoy the process
Register here to download the app
For more details,visit DCA website