Asian Development Bank 2022-2023 Internship Program for Graduate Students
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is pleased to announce its internship program for graduate students willing to learn and gain experience at one of the best development organizations of the world. The internship welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The Internship program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
Table of Content
ADB Internship Program
Aim and Benefits of ADB Internship Program
- Opportunity to work in a major international development organization.
- Work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries.
- Gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does.
- Contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Requirements for ADB Internship Program
To be considered for the Asian Development Bank Internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment.
- Be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work.
- Possess an excellent command of English.
- Have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
Interview date, Process and Venue for ADB Internship Program
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application period for the 2023 Internship Program:
- 1st batch: 15 July to 15 September 2022
- On board: January 2023 onwards
- 2nd batch: 15 December 2022 to 15 February 2023
- On board: June 2023 onwards
Application DeadlineApril 28, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Asian Development Bank (ADB) on aces.adb.org