African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) 2022 Scholar Award for African Students
The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) has released the details of the 2022 Plant Nutrition Scholar Award program that is available to graduate students enrolled in programs specializing in the sciences of plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients.
The 2022 African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award Program will offer ten (10) awards of $2,000 (U.S. Dollars) to M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition. Students must also be attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
Table of Content
APNI Scholar Award
Aim and Benefits of APNI Scholar Award
- Awards of USD $2,000 each will be conferred to ten deserving African graduate students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients.
Requirements for APNI Scholar Award
Graduate students are eligible if they are:
- Currently attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. degrees, who are currently enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil and plant sciences (including agronomy, horticulture, ecology, soil fertility, soil chemistry, crop physiology, environmental science, and other areas related to crop nutrition) are encouraged to apply.
- Past winners of the Award are not eligible.
Documents Required for Application
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all university work, including cumulative and final grade records (GPA or percentile).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance.
- A brief description of any additional information that may be relevant to the award (such as honours or awards you have received, employment history, career goals, and other activities you pursue).
Application DeadlineApril 30, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) on www.apni.net