2019 University of the Art London (UAL) Scholarship for Developing Countries
University of the Arts London offers an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Our graduates go on to work in and shape the creative industries worldwide. UAL is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2019 QS World University Rankings®.
The University has a world-class reputation and is made up of 6 equally renowned Colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
Kickstart your creative future at UAL
We have launched the careers of many creative and cultural leaders:
Half the Turner Prize nominees and both winners in 2016 and 2017 were UAL alumni. UAL has produced over half of all Turner Prize winners since its inception in 1984.
36 of the 77 Royal Academicians are UAL alumni, serving or former staff.
Over two thirds of the winners of British Designer of the Year are UAL alumni. UAL alumni have taken home the award for the past 3 years running (2015-2017).
14% (20) of the current Royal Designers for Industry are UAL alumni.
Over half of the fashion designers that showed at London Fashion Week 2018 are UAL alumni.
Other alumni have gone on to take home some of the industry’s most prestigious art and design awards including the BP Portrait Award, Jerwood Prize, Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize, Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design, Minerva Medal, BAFTAs, Golden Globes and Oscars.
What we offer to students
UAL offers courses ranging from fine art and 3D animation to graphic design and drama. Find out more about studying at UAL, our subjects and explore our courses.
Our students have access to state of the art facilities, including workshops with letterpress machinery, studio theatres and gallery space. Students can also make use of the University’s libraries and archives for research into hundreds of years of the greatest artists and designers. Find out more about the University’s Colleges.
UAL’s inspiring teaching faculty is made up of professional artists, practitioners, designers, technicians, critics and theorists, all on hand to deliver cutting-edge programmes and courses.
The University dominates when it comes to fashion education with 2 of the world’s top 4 undergraduate fashion courses taught at UAL Colleges according to the Business of Fashion (Bof) Rankings in 2017. UAL was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2017 for our Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.
The University of Arts London (UAL) is calling for application for the 2019/2020 tuition and accomodation scholarship for students in developing countries.
Masters TaughtIn addition to the residency criteria listed for each scheme, you must also meet the following criteria: Assessed as an International student from the listed countries for tuition fee purposes; and Applied to study a full-time taugh
Aim and Benefits
Up to 6 scholarships are available to applicants meeting the eligibility criteria. The UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship provides a £25,000 award to cover tuition fee charges and make a contribution towards living costs and scholarship recipients will also be offered International Students House (ISH) accommodation for the duration of their study. These scholarships are for a full-time taught Masters course (an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification) at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2019/20.
List of Courses for Masters TaughtIn addition to the residency criteria listed for each scheme, you must also meet the following criteria: Assessed as an International student from the listed countries for tuition fee purposes; and Applied to study a full-time taugh Scholarship
Requirments for Scholarship Masters TaughtIn addition to the residency criteria listed for each scheme, you must also meet the following criteria: Assessed as an International student from the listed countries for tuition fee purposes; and Applied to study a full-time taugh Qualification
In addition to the residency criteria listed for each scheme, you must also meet the following criteria:
- Assessed as an International student from the listed countries for tuition fee purposes; and
- Applied to study a full-time taught Master’s course at UAL (Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification) starting in the academic year of 2019/20; and
- Your household income must be £35,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying countries currency) at the point of scholarship application. Visit the Oanda Trade Currency Exchange for an up-to-date currency conversion; and
- You are willing to provide a response to each of the following statements as a part of your UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application:
- Describe your background, your academic experience and how receiving a Postgraduate Scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Tell us how the scholarship would help you address challenges in your home country.
- Describe how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
- Confirm any other sources of funding you have (or have applied for) to meet the cost of your studies in the UK.
The following courses do not qualify: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters (or any similar course that qualifies for undergraduate support from UK student finance agencies), EMBA, MBA, distance learning, blended learning and online courses.
In addition, you are not eligible to apply if you already hold a postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad
April 28, 2019 .
How to apply
Once you've submitted a fully completed application for a qualifying course we'll send you an email with details about how (if you meet the eligibility criteria) you can apply for a UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship.
In your application you’ll be asked to evidence with documentation that you qualify for the overseas category for tuition fee purposes. For example you may be asked for a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal evidence of your address.
Please note that you need to submit your fully completed course application by 4pm BST on Friday 24 May 2019 in order to have time to send you a UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships online application form.
Your completed UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application form and supporting evidence must be submitted by 4pm BST on Friday 31 May 2019. Download scholarship application form here
UAL Intl £25k +ISH PG Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 Guidance notes (PDF 68KB)
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Arts London (UAL) on www.arts.ac.uk
- Scholarship Grant for Undergradute Students
- Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship for Creative Women
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program
- Executive Scholarship for Online MBA
- Internet Marketing Scholarship - 3rd IBG Scholarship 2019
- Jelvix Scholarship Program 2019
- Gordon Signy Fellowships, 2019
- University Of Queensland Master of Advanced Economics Scholarships in Australia, 2019
- Dame Margaret Clark Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand, 2019
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Elite Sport Scholarship Awards in UK, 2019
- University Of Hamburg Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, 2020
- Bayer Science & Education Foundation – International Fellowships, 2019
- Frank J. Richter Scholarship from The American Association of Railroad Superintendents,Canada 2019
- Purdue University Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowships in US, 2020
- Tony Shaw- International Students House Scholarship – University of Westminster UK 2019
- C4TS Scholarship In Trauma Sciences- Queen Mary University of London, UK, 2019
- Mathematics Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in US, 2019
- 2020, NUS Department of Economic PhD scholarships in Singapore
- St. Cross Worldwide Scholarships- University of Oxford, 2019