Undergraduate Scholarship by The Nigerian Higher Education Foundation (NHEF)
The Nigerian Higher Education Foundation(NHEF):A strong, world-class higher education sector in Nigeria is essential to the development of the next generation of leaders; and contributes to a growing economy, facilitates a just and vibrant social structure, and promotes participation in a stable, lasting democracy. The NHEF is working toward a future in which Nigerian higher education is one of the best in the world – one where Nigerian institutions develop global scholars and leaders of the 21st century that can make a lasting impact in Nigeria and throughout Africa. Therefore, we seek to collaborate with Nigerian universities, and provide local and global resources to develop, sustain, and advance the skills and leadership of young Nigerian scholars.
To achieve our mission and vision, the NHEF seeks to:
- Assist Nigerian Universities to become self-sustaining by creating a culture of philanthropy within the partner university alumni community and friends of Nigeria living in the Diaspora.
- Facilitate fundraising training opportunities and play a leadership role in the development of policies and practices that enhance the fundraising and alumni enrichment capacities of our partner universities.
- Identify and develop linkages and strategic partnerships between Nigerian and foreign universities, Foundations, Corporations, government entities and qualified individuals.
- Develop and manage two-way exchange programs for students, professionals and faculty between US and Nigeria.
The NHEF is now accepting applications for its 2019 Scholars Program. We welcome applications from motivated students with a true passion for leadership and personal development.
Aim and Benefits
We aim to substantially increase the number of well-educated Nigerians assuming positions of leadership in Nigeria and on the global stage. To achieve this goal, we seek to address the skill gaps in key sectors of the economy by providing talented Nigerian University students with a broad range of programs ranging from critical on-the-job training to hands-on-learning skills, required in the employment process and overall career development. With the help of our partner firms, we are providing world-class training and support to our Scholars to enable them compete effectively in the job market.
The NHEF is in partnership with prestigious companies and organizations across a broad range of industries in Nigeria. Our key industries are Financial Services, Consulting, Law, Technology and Engineering. We aim to broaden the scope of our industry tracks over time. We believe our partnership with these firm will offer invaluable exposure to our Scholars.
The NHEF Scholars program is open to students in their Penultimate year at our Partner Universities. Eligibility varies depending on your course of study. However, if you are not certain, we would recommend that you submit an application anyway and we will advise on possible options.
Requirments for Scholarship Undergraduate Qualification
NHEF Scholars represent a select cohort of students from each of our Partner Universities. They have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits. We expect our Scholars to be fully devoted to Community Service, Philanthropy as well as making a lasting impact in society. Through this program, they will become successful future employees with an understanding of the roles and responsibilities attached to their industry of choice. As of 2018, we achieved the milestone of a cohort of nearly 100 Scholars and hope to continue to develop even more promising Nigerian students.
April 28, 2019 .
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to The Nigerian Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) on www.thenhef.org
- International Scholarship for Research on Primary Snoring
- TRENDHIM SCHOLARSHIP
- Scholarship Grant for Undergradute Students
- Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship for Creative Women
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program
- Executive Scholarship for Online MBA
- Internet Marketing Scholarship - 3rd IBG Scholarship 2019
- Jelvix Scholarship Program 2019
- Gordon Signy Fellowships, 2019
- University Of Queensland Master of Advanced Economics Scholarships in Australia, 2019
- Dame Margaret Clark Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand, 2019
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Elite Sport Scholarship Awards in UK, 2019
- University Of Hamburg Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, 2020
- Bayer Science & Education Foundation – International Fellowships, 2019
- Frank J. Richter Scholarship from The American Association of Railroad Superintendents,Canada 2019
- Purdue University Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowships in US, 2020
- Tony Shaw- International Students House Scholarship – University of Westminster UK 2019
- C4TS Scholarship In Trauma Sciences- Queen Mary University of London, UK, 2019
- Mathematics Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in US, 2019