Undergraduate Scholarship by Griffith University
Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia's first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
The university is named after Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice Premier of Queensland and the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia. Sir Samuel Griffith played a major role in the Federation of Australia and was the principal author of the Australian constitution.
Opening initially with the one campus at Nathan and 451 students, the University now has five physical campuses spanning three cities, the largest of which are the Gold Coast campus at Southport and the Nathan campus in Brisbane. The Mount Gravatt and South Bank campuses are also located in Brisbane, while the Logan campus is at Meadowbrook. In 2018, the University launched its Digital campus, now its sixth campus, which offers a range of online degrees.
Griffith has over 44,000 students and offers a full suite of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees in the areas of business and government, criminology and law, education, engineering and information technology, environment, planning and architecture, health, humanities and languages, music, science and aviation, and visual and creative arts. It is a verdant university and a member of the IRU.
Apply now for the 2019 Griffith University International Student Excellence Scholarship.
Aim and Benefits
Each intake, Griffith International will award scholarships to the students with the highest academic entry scores commencing in an eligible degree program.
The scholarship covers 25% of tuition fees that will be deducted from undergraduate tuition fees for the duration of the program. Each deduction will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
Requirments for Scholarship Undergraduate Qualification
- Griffith University entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to undergraduate tuition fees only.
- The scholarship covers 25% of undergraduate tuition fees only for the ‘Duration’ of the program. The course duration is defined as the ‘Program Length’ as stated in your Letter of Offer, less any credit received for previous study. Each deduction will be applied by the census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses in each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Excludes applicants for online, non-award, offshore delivered programs, and students that defer commencement to 2020.
Interview date, Process and Venue
Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need to accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.
April 28, 2019 .
How to apply
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Be a graduate or graduating from a high school in Australia or overseas and have not previously attempted tertiary study. Please refer to minimum GPA criteria (PDF).
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into an undergraduate degree by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in an undergraduate degree in Trimester 2 or 3 2019 at Griffith University.
What do I include in my application?
Applicants must provide:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing dates.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
Interested and qualified? Go to Griffith University on www.griffith.edu.au
- Scholarship Grant for Undergradute Students
- Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship for Creative Women
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program
- Executive Scholarship for Online MBA
- Internet Marketing Scholarship - 3rd IBG Scholarship 2019
- Jelvix Scholarship Program 2019
- Gordon Signy Fellowships, 2019
- University Of Queensland Master of Advanced Economics Scholarships in Australia, 2019
- Dame Margaret Clark Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand, 2019
- Cardiff Metropolitan University Elite Sport Scholarship Awards in UK, 2019
- University Of Hamburg Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, 2020
- Bayer Science & Education Foundation – International Fellowships, 2019
- Frank J. Richter Scholarship from The American Association of Railroad Superintendents,Canada 2019
- Purdue University Lillian Gilbreth Postdoctoral Fellowships in US, 2020
- Tony Shaw- International Students House Scholarship – University of Westminster UK 2019
- C4TS Scholarship In Trauma Sciences- Queen Mary University of London, UK, 2019
- Mathematics Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in US, 2019
- 2020, NUS Department of Economic PhD scholarships in Singapore
- St. Cross Worldwide Scholarships- University of Oxford, 2019