PhD Scholarship by Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
Published: 01 Jan 1970
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its China, Germany, France & Malaysia strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in these countries commencing in the 2020-2021 academic session.
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the countries
PTDF PhD Scholarship
Benefits of PTDF PhD Scholarship
The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars settle into their new environments
Requirements for PTDF PhD Scholarship
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (Click here for a sample of Ph.D. research proposal format)
- Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
- Ongoing PhD Applicants could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same category of degree, except a higher degree;
- Applicants who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of degree;
- Applicants interested in German Institutions should choose Abuja as their preferred interview location;
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;
- Applicants who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O'level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
Application DeadlineJanuary 15, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) on scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng
Masters scholarship by
Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to upload a NIN Verification Report before completing the application. The report can be obtained from www.verifyme.ng (charges may apply).
For approved schools, click here
For more details, visit PTDF website